Completed programs and current topics
The Research page is divided into three subsections which can be accessed by scrolling down or jumping via the submenu below.
Completed research programs
National and international completed research projects (selection)
- The effect of organisation and management on the effectivity of intensive care units in the countries of European Community. (EURICUS I, 1995-1997)
- The effect of harmonizing and standardizing the nursing tasks on the intensive care units of the European Community (EURICUS II, 1996-1999)
- Social convoy and sustainable employability: Innovative strategies of outplacement / Replacement Counseling (SOCOSE, 2000-2003)
The topics that I am still working on.
- Conceptualization and measurement of employee’s mental condition
Burnout is a negative, chronic work-related state that is primarily characterized by mental exhaustion and mental distance. The use of today’s most popular burnout questionnaire – the Maslach Burnout Inventory – has been questioned, particular by practitioners, so that an alternative questionnaire has been developed together with an international research consortium: the Burnout Assessment Tool (BAT) (read more on the website of the project).
- Improving mental health and wellbeing in hospitals
A large-scale, international multi-centre study is carried out on improving mental health and well being of hospital staff that is funded by the EU-Horizon-2020 research program. Essentially, the effects are assessed of job redesign according to the principes of Magnet Hospitals on physician’s and and nurses’ levels of burn-out and work engagement (Magnet4Europe)
The most important (former) research partners.