Completed programs and current topics
Completed research programs
National and international completed research projects (selection)
- The effect of organisation and management on the effectivity of intensive care units in the countries of European Community. (EURICUS I, 1995-1997)
- The effect of harmonizing and standardizing the nursing tasks on the intensive care units of the European Community (EURICUS II, 1996-1999)
- Social convoy and sustainable employability: Innovative strategies of outplacement / Replacement Counseling (SOCOSE, 2000-2003)
The topics that I am still working on.
- Conceptualization and measurement of employee’s mental condition
Burnout is a negative, chronic work-related state that is primarily characterized by mental exhaustion and mental distance. The use of today’s most popular burnout questionnaire – the Maslach Burnout Inventory – has been questioned, particular by practitioners, so that an alternative questionnaire has been developed together with an international research consortium: the Burnout Assessment Tool (BAT) (read more on the website of the project).
- Improving mental health and wellbeing in hospitals
A large-scale, international multi-centre study is carried out on improving mental health and well being of hospital staff that is funded by the EU-Horizon-2020 research program. Essentially, the effects are assessed of job redesign according to the principes of Magnet Hospitals on physician’s and and nurses’ levels of burn-out and work engagement (Magnet4Europe)
The most important (former) research partners.